Abortion on Our Own Terms
Position: Campaign Coordinator
Location: Remote, but must keep Eastern or Central Standard Time working hours
Status: Full time/Exempt
Reports to: Abortion on Our Own Terms Campaign Director
The Abortion on Our Own Terms Campaign and Generative Learning Community (GLC) on self-managed abortion are seeking a Campaign Coordinator to provide operational and logistical support for both entities. The consultant will report to the Campaign Director and GLC Manager and support the campaign and the GLC to advance their goals and strategies and sustain their ongoing growth. This position has significant operations and logistical components so ideal candidates will have strong project management skills. Some travel will be required.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Support GLC and Abortion on Our Own Terms campaign by
- Managing membership for the GLC listserv and shared drive
- Note-taking and tech support for meetings including virtual and in-person
- Support logistical and organizational needs for in-person events (e.g. convenings)
- Support the GLC’s Generative Learning Groups with meeting scheduling and reminders, maintaining membership lists, and tracking decisions and follow-up
- Maintaining organized folder system for documents in a shared drive
- Support the Abortion on Our Own Terms Campaign and the Campaign Director
- Manage internal calendars and support program-related scheduling, as well as Campaign Director’s administrative needs
- Communicating with and supporting campaign Advisory Board
- Supporting partner work including partner outreach, follow up, and on-going engagement
- Assisting in project management by maintaining our detailed campaign tracker spreadsheet
- Help maintain Campaign lists is EveryAction (with technical support)
- Manage purchasing and distribution of campaign materials such as t-shirts, stickers, etc.
- Create and maintain information and project management systems to ensure the ready availability and safeguarding of shared documents and information across teams
- Ensuring that the team information is kept secure and organization is keeping up with online security best practices, and that team members have technology tools and support they need and coordinating the provision of IT support as needed
- Managing Campaign Events
- Manage 3 – 5 Campaign events per year and systematize events to create efficiencies and ensure smooth operations and learning
- Travel to events to supervise set up and event logistics
- Includes managing volunteers, supervising shipment of materials and onsite logistics, and managing systems for contact follow up
Desired competencies for applicants
- Project management experience, including working in small, virtual teams that span multiple time zones, excellent time-management skills and highly organized
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with colleagues including other operations support personnel, managers, and executives
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage complex, multidimensional projects and the commitment and ability to meet work goals in a timely manner
- Attention to detail throughout the entirety of a project
- Proficient writing, including spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure
- Social media account management experience, including management with intent to grow followers
- Familiarity with Every Action a plus
- Comfort and facility working with a range of tools to support collaboration in a remote work environment, including Google Workspace and Zoom
- Ability to change course and support the successful completion of projects
- Ability to relate effectively, responsively, and with courtesy to people from diverse backgrounds
- A can-do attitude, problem-solving orientation, and a sense of resourcefulness
The Generative Learning Community on self-managed abortion (GLC) is a gathering space for organizations and individuals with an interest in securing self-managed abortion as an option within abortion care in the United States and ending all forms of criminalization of self-managed abortion.
GLC members share a vision of a world in which every person has the option to safely end their pregnancy when and where they desire. This includes both care from a provider who is working within the formal healthcare system and supported or self-managed abortion care outside of it.
The purpose of the GLC is to promote a positive narrative, and end the use of harmful messages, about self-managed abortion. Its goals are (1) realize the full potential of medication abortion to give every person the option to end a pregnancy safely and with support, within the formal health care system or outside of it; and (2) ensure no one risks punishment or imprisonment for their reproductive choices or for supporting a person who is self-managing the end of a pregnancy. In addition to strengthening the work of member organizations by engaging in shared learning and problem-solving, at times the GLC collectively commits to initiatives that require resources and capacity beyond what a single member can provide.
Abortion on Our Own Terms is a campaign to shift the public narrative on self-managed abortion as a safe and effective option for anyone who chooses it. The campaign works to foster proactive culture change through stories and messengers to promote a new vision for abortion access on our own terms. It grew out of the Generative Learning Community and works in close coordination with it.
Salary Range: $75,000 – $85,000 commensurate with experience. Additional benefits include employer funded health, dental and vision insurance, 401k contribution, and a generous paid time off package.
Benefits: “Comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance for employees (and their families). Employees are able to enroll in 401k retirement plans and are eligible for a 3% automatic contribution and up to a 3% employer match on 401k contributions. Employees are also eligible for pre-tax transportation benefits. Employees will receive 120 hours of vacation time, 80 hours of health leave, up to 2 days of casual leave, and 20 hours of volunteer leave annually. Employees will also receive 13 paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Employees are eligible for 12 weeks of paid family and medical leave after 90 days of employment.”
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To apply, please complete the questionnaire and submit the requested materials HERE.
Vision First is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
NVF participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with employees’ Form I-9 information to confirm authorization to work in the United States. Job candidates and employees authorized to work may not be discriminated against on the basis of national origin or citizenship status.